To provide a financial advisory service to AFCI Wealth Management existing and prospective clients, providing holistic financial planning advice dealing with all aspects of financial planning, including investment and portfolio management, pensions and tax planning and protection.
To promote Alexander Forbes as the premier provider of quality financial solutions within the parameters of the FSA/JFSC/GFSC’s Principles and Rules
Wealth Management Consultants are committed, driven, results oriented advisers who are able to work on their own as well as in a team environment writing business in accordance with targets laid down by the company.
They are expected to introduce other specialist advisers from the AFCI where appropriate.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Agree a business development plan with Superviser to ensure the firm’s qualitative and quantitative business measures are achieved.
- Establish contact with potential clients.
- Maximise the opportunities within the existing client base, and review existing clients’ circumstances and address as appropriate.
- In all cases, obtain the required information to enable a full analysis of the clients’ needs to be conducted; construct appropriate solutions to the principles of suitable advice; produce reports and recommendations to the firm’s standards and implement solutions agreed with clients.
- Ensure that the firm’s high standards of client care and Treating Customers Fairly are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the advisory process, operating at all times within the rules of the FSA/JFCS/GFSC as documented in the firm’s Compliance Procedures.
- Ensure all associated administration is completed in an effective manner to meet the firm’s record keeping and file quality requirements.
- Develop business relationships and to provide Referrals to other elements of the business.
- Meet all KPIs and be compliant in all activities in accordance with regulations and standards of AFCI and FSA, JFSC/GFSC.
- Meet continuing professional development objectives as laid down by AFCI and FSA/JFSC/GFSC.
- Maintain appropriate skills and knowledge in order to provide specialist, professional independent financial advice on all relevant business areas.
- Comply with all T&D requirements of AFCI for the role including:
- 1:1s with line manager as required.
- Regular regional/divisional training
- Completion of any weekly reports and all other MI schedules as specified by AFCI.
Qualifications and Experience
- Detailed working knowledge of all aspects of executive and HNW financial planning.
- At least CertPFS qualified, DipPFS highly desired.
- Proven track record in Financial Services
- Be professional at all times with prospects, clients and other Alexander Forbes staff
- Presentation skills, both 1:1 and to groups. (1:1 essential; Groups highly desirable)
-` Capable of competently using Microsoft Windows and Office software, (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as the Internet and industry software packages such as 1st Software, The Exchange, etc.
- Interpersonal relationships
- Communicating effectively
- Product and Technical knowledge
- Organisational skills
- Working to deadlines