This job is no longer available
This solution will be achieved via a brokerage or advice service which will involve finding a solution for the best way to provide income in retirement from pensions and other assets, as well as dealing with a wider range of needs and client objectives. This role is office based and involves client liaison via the telephone and through correspondence. However, the opportunity to meet clients, face to face, will be possible assuming that the remuneration to the organisation is justifiable.
The role also requires that each individual lives up to the mission and values of AFFS and The Annuity Bureau.
The consultants will be expected to consider ways of business development in terms of winning new contracts, servicing existing contracts and developing the existing network of AFFS consultants – effectively liaising within the regions as necessary
Furthermore, the consultant will be expected to identify new business opportunities to refer internally across the wider group.
In building the capability of TAB, the consultants will be expected to take their professional development seriously and attain authorisation via examination across a range of products the company sees fit to introduce from time to time
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Business Generation
- Fielding and converting enquiries from members of the public about retirement matters.
- Fielding and converting enquiries from business introducers.
- Fielding and converting enquiries for trustees business.
- Consistently hitting agreed business targets through fee & commission payments.
- Working on existing clients to generate introduced or referred business.
- Being proactive in following up leads and requesting referrals.
- Providing quality advice to convert prospects into life long clients of Alexander Forbes.
- Introducer relationship
- Proactively developing introduced leads and acting as the initial point of contact.
- Constructing and producing suitability letters using Alexander Forbes templates.
- Maintaining an accurate record of business activity via the “in-house” workflow management system.
- Handling and overseeing administration matters in respect of clients.
- Ensuring prompt payment of commission/fees due to The Bureaux.
The typical week for the retirement consultant would involve achieving the following key metrics:
Obtain at least 8 fact finds from enquiries through telephone follow ups
Produce 5 reports per week
Chase and conduct 5 telephone interviews per week
Produce 1 x referral per week for AFFS
Servicing existing cases through to completion and update clients accordingly
Devote approximately half a working day to CPD
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a proven sales track record-includes achieving and exceeding targets, being proactive with leads and referrals.
- Ideally qualified to QCF4 level qualification or have attained such by 31/12/2012.
- Ideally will have a background in annuities or retirement planning.
- Ideally from an IFA background, although consideration will be given to industry related experience.
- Must be comfortable with the use of a keyboard, Microsoft suite of applications and be prepared to use in-house computer systems.
- Self development
- Skills development
- Product knowledge
- Competitor knowledge
- Interpersonal skills